We are seeking an Accounting Assistant to join our team! If you are someone who has positive energy, brings attention to detail to their work, and enjoys a team environment, then this position is for you!
The primary responsibilities in this position are to perform a variety of tasks to support the accounting department.
Some of your tasks will include:
- Using Excel, Paycom, or other tools to accurately track employee attendance and other Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Help manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Maintain subcontractor insurance, tax information, and other pertinent records
- Make bank deposits in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist Accountant in processing of weekly payroll
- Properly categorize expenditures in QuickBooks
We are 100% willing to teach someone new to accounting, but obviously accounting experience or schooling would be great as well! (Recent accounting graduates will be considered.) The right person for this role is someone who has a positive attitude every day, excellent communication skills, and values hard work and integrity.
WHO WE ARE
Virginia Foundation Solutions is a regional leader in the foundation and crawl space repair industry. It is our mission to redefine our industry by providing an amazing experience for our customers and our employees.
WHAT WE STAND FOR
We live by the core values of integrity, positivity, hard work, and clear communication. We believe that individuals who embrace these four traits will be successful not only in the workplace, but in all aspects of their lives. And at Virginia Foundation Solutions, we’re a team of winners! That’s why we want to hire people who share these same values.
What You Can Expect:
- Full-time employment
- Positive work environment
- Weekly paycheck
- Bonus opportunities
- Continued training
- Fun team events throughout the year
- Health, Dental, & Vision insurance
- 401k & Profit Sharing (after 1 year)
- Paid holidays
- Earned time off
What We Expect:
- Honesty & integrity
- Positive attitude
- Eager to learn new skills & information
- Valid driver’s license
- Be at work on time
- Attention to detail
- Good with numbers and analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Excel), Internet, other computer programs (QuickBooks & Paycom knowledge a plus!)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Where We Are
Our home base is located in Virginia Beach, but we service the entire Hampton Roads area and surrounding cities.
Want to Join the VFS Family?
If you think you would be a great fit for this position, please send us your resume and cover letter: