Structural damage refers to any damage to the important wooden, metal, or concrete structures that uphold your home, including poured basements, foundations, roof trusses, load-bearing beams, and more. When these structures are at risk of failure, your whole home is at risk of collapse. While structural damage can take place in any part of the home, structural damage to your foundation, crawl space, and basement can be especially damning for the structural integrity of your home.
What Is Structural Damage?
Because these provide the foundational support for your entire structure, damage from shifting, mold, or water intrusion can become costly very fast. It’s best to call an expert at the first sign of structural damage to assess the issue and ensure it doesn’t worsen with time. VFS of Virginia Beach offers structural repair services for home foundations that will breathe new life into your home.
Symptoms of Structural Damage
A number of signs around your home could indicate structural damage is taking place. These could include sticking doors and windows, sagging or uneven floors, drywall cracks, rotten wood, cracks in basement walls, and more. Typically, the symptom most homeowners notice first is uneven floors throughout the main floor. Virginia Foundation Solutions offers free inspections of crawl spaces, basements, and foundations, so if you think your home may have incurred structural damages, don’t hesitate to contact our office in Virginia Beach. Structural repair services for your home foundation are just a call away!
Fixing Structural Damage to Virginia Homes
Fixing structural damage quickly is vital to the safety of your family due to the increased risk of collapse. Other reasons to quickly address structural issues include:
- Curb appeal: Structural issues often cause other cosmetic issues, like wall cracks, throughout your home.
- Door & window operation: Sticking doors and windows are a common symptom of structural damage. Sometimes, damage can escalate to the point where your door sits off kilter and no longer locks properly.
- Health-related consequences: Structural damage often means water damage which leads to mold and mildew. If you or a family member in the home suffer from asthma or another respiratory illness, you may experience heightened symptoms as humid, contaminated air infiltrates your home.
- Resale value: In the event you decide to move and sell your home, structural damage will need to be fixed. Left unattended, your home is likely to sit on the market for a while, and it definitely won’t be purchased at full value.
- Worsening issues:Structural damage doesn’t fix itself, and it will only get worse with time. Addressing issues as soon as you uncover them is the only way to stop the progression of structural issues.
Schedule Your Free Inspection
When you’re ready to address necessary structural repairs in your home, fill out the form below to schedule your free, no-obligation inspection, or call our office in Virginia Beach. Structural repair service specialists are ready to answer the call.
Avery Byers Hampton
I had several estimates on the exact same issue from various vendors. VFS came up with the best solution and the best price and when their crew showed up to do the work they were professional, courteous and efficient! VFS did exactly what they said they would do, no upsales or hidden fees. I am extremely pleased with the job they performed and would highly recommend them to anyone needing this type of work.
Gary Cain Suffolk
Great company very professional work and the crew was outstanding.
Derek Davies Virginia Beach
We had an excellent experience with Virginia Foundation Solutions! The team was professional and the entire project only took a few days! The results are perfect. The crew were prompt, clean, enthusiastic, and did efficient, quality work! I would definitely recommend them to a member of my family!
Schedule Your Free Inspection
Call us at 757-340-0917 or complete the form below and
we’ll contact you shortly to schedule your free,